We want to become the #1 in the minds and hearts of families in the Netherlands. That is our vision. Our mission is to make the life of families in the Netherlands more beautiful and easy.
Our Customers tell us that happiness not only comes from the big moments, but especially from the small things; a spontaneous pillow fight, a compliment or a hug. That’s why we offer our customers room to experience these surprisingly beautiful moments. That is our Purpose. That is how we want to make the difference.
We believe that these surprisingly beautiful moments can be created by having a surprisingly beautiful product range. A product range that besides international brands, local brands, small brands and exclusive brands consists of a strong Private Label assortment.
Hoe maak jij het verschil
We are looking for a Buyer who believes in the power of Private Label and who has a clear vision of the growth of the Private Label Fashion Category within Wehkamp. The Buyer Private Label is responsible for sourcing, developing, composing and purchasing the most optimal product range for the Private Label Category. You know how to buy the right products for existing and new Wehkamp customers, based on the diverse needs and characteristics of our 2.7 million customers. To create a dynamic and commercially successful range, you work closely with the Head of Buying, merchandise planning, Styling and Quality Control.
Providing the most optimal range for our customer
- You determine together with the Head of Buying the category strategy and product range for your category.
- You have excellent knowledge of the market and the brands that contribute to Wehkamp's strong market position
- You work closely with colleagues from your own and other categories in the design, development and creation, as well as, managing the supplier portfolio in order to achieve the right consistency in our range of products within Wehkamp.
- You are responsible for implementing the strategy and objectives of the category, ensuring that your strategy is in line with the priorities and business initiatives that are pursued more broadly within the category. In this way you make a maximum contribution to realizing growth.
- You guarantee that the range is current and fashionable.
- You work directly with Private Label Merchandising and design to create a dynamic and commercial range that meets the needs of the targeted consumer.
- You work with Quality Control to ensure the fit is within our brand guidelines.
- You manage the sourcing strategy for your category
- You recognize and actively pursue opportunities and implement them successfully.
- You ensure timely approval of product strategy and associated product reviews within the deadlines.
- You stay abreast of the competitor markets and react to the customer needs
Successfully maximizing customer sales and profits within the category
- You achieve the set KPIs in the field of customer sales and profit by working closely with your suppliers and your colleagues in Merchandise planning
- You are responsible for your budget.
- You implement strategies that, in parallel to the realization from merchandise planning, contribute to the OTB planning.
- You draw up weekly business analyzes of the customer sales results versus objectives and share them in your team and in the trading consultation. Based on the insights from the analyzes, you propose actions aimed at achieving the set goals and manage write-downs. Everything with the aim of achieving the highest possible margin and optimizing resale.
- You negotiate the best possible conditions with your suppliers including payment terms, cost prices and purchasing discounts.
- You are responsible for documenting all supplier contracts including conditions in accordance with the internal process. You are also responsible for any renegotiations and recording them.
- You work closely with the Merchandise planning team in planning and forecasting the customer sales and gross profit (GP).
- You use the internal data to gain insights from the perspective and feedback of the customer and purchasing behavior. With these insights you are able to create a good range with the right brands.
- You work closely with marketing to build a relevant marketing trade plan that is relevant for the time of year and customer demand.
Managing supplier relationships
- You maintain strong relationships with all your suppliers and ensure the continuous and consistent management of these collaborative relationships.
- You source direct and in-direct global suppliers that meet the needs of the business.
- You negotiate all cost prices and supplier terms with global suppliers.
- You solve issues with suppliers and stocks where necessary in collaboration with the Head of Buying and / or Head of Merchandise Planning.
- You manage the suppliers through good performance analyzes, recommendations on whether or not to continue the business. You discuss this in the structural meetings with the various partners. You strive to maximize opportunities and minimize potential risks.
- You are a good ambassador for Wehkamp, because of your professionalism, creativity and the way you trade.
Cooperation and ownership
- You are responsible for achieving the annual KPI’s set forth buy the business
- You actively pursuing and propagating a best practices culture
- You are an ambassador for the organization in propagating Wehkamp's strategy and policy.
- You Onboard new employees in your team and organization
- You have a (commercially) strong and varied network.
- You have good communication skills that are aimed at creating win-win situations.
- You act as Head of Buying in absence and / or on request.
Wat breng je mee en wat zetten wij hier tegenover
- You have at least 7 experience with product development and buying Ladies Private Label Fashion.
- You have just as much experience with Far East direct sourcing.
- You have at least 5 years experience leading the range building of your private label collections.
- You are fulltime available.
- You are willing to go on a purchasing trip several times a year.
- You have completed a Bachelor's degree in International
- You have strong financial knowledge.
- You have excellent knowledge of fabrics and materials.
- You have experience in garment construction, fit and quality.
- You are able to communicate and interact at the various levels in the internal and external organization with the various stakeholders.
- You have strong negotiation and influencing skills that you use in internal and external stakeholder management.
- You have excellent (trend) knowledge of the European and Dutch market.
- You have a strong contact network.
- You obviously have an excellent command of the English language.
Transparency is very important in the application process. After you expressed your interest with your application, you will immediately receive a link to a personal status page, in which you can find your status of your application and all communication.
What happens after your application?
We want to make it a swift and easy experience. Therefore, we will make use of video calls during the process. The process for this vacancy is as follows:
- Do your expectations and our wishes match? Then we will invite you to a video call with the recruiter.
- When we both are positive, we'll invite you for a video call with our Head of Financial Products.
- Next we will invite you for videocalls with important stakeholders (e.g. our Product Owners)
- As a final step, we wil invite you to our office to give you the real Wehkamp experience. As you have learned a lot during the earlier video calls, this is te moment that everything comes together.
When we are positive afterwards, we will make you an offer.
Are you interested in this position? Respond immediately so that we can contact you!
Any questions? WhatsApp or call Anne Post (Corporate Recruiter) via 0657157457.
Wehkamp aanvaardt geen ongevraagde hulp van intermediair/ uitzendbureaus of andere derden voor deze vacature. Toegestuurde cv’s (in welke vorm dan ook) door genoemde partijen aan enige medewerkers van Wehkamp zonder geldige schriftelijke zoekopdracht van onze HR Afdeling, worden beschouwd als publieke informatie. Er zal aan genoemde partijen geen vergoeding zijn verschuldigd in geval van een kandidaat wordt aangenomen van wie ongevraagd het cv en/of andere gegevens zijn toegestuurd.