We want to become the #1 in the minds and hearts of families in the Netherlands. That is our vision. Our mission is to make the life of families in the Netherlands more beautiful and easy.
Our Customers tell us that happiness not only comes from the big moments, but especially from the small things; a spontaneous pillow fight, a compliment or a hug. That's why we offer our customers room to experience these surprisingly beautiful moments. That is our Purpose. That is how we want to make the difference.
At Finance, we believe that a good financial result is the consequence of decisions. As a team we make sure our data based insights facilitate good decision making, we are accountable to deliver on results and lead based on a good governance framework. As an organization, we take decisions that ensure a sustainable business strategy based on customer obsession and as an outcome, we deliver on financial results.
Hoe maak jij het verschil
As part of the Buying & Sales Business Controlling team you are responsible to ensure high quality (reliable, timely and accurate) management information in relation to Buying & Sales. We expect advanced analytical skills and highly developed capacities in understanding complex concepts in the area of assortment plans, stock management, pricing and margins. Therefore, experience in a retail environment is crucial. It’s your job to support Buying & sales in making the right decision on a day to day basis. You challenge the business with sharp analysis and new perspectives! Together with the other business controllers, you are responsible for the optimal progress of the planning & control cycle (budgeting, forecasting) and management information.
Role & Responsibilities
- Stock control including target setting and ongoing monitoring of stock evolution and ageing
- Tracking seasonal merchandise/buying plans in relation to sales forecast, intake and OTB to evaluate risks and sales plans
- Operationalise and maintain back-end margins (i.e. Royalties, Promotional margin evaluation)
- Design and maintain monitoring controls for secondary stock processes (e.g. Jobber, Samples)
- Improve and develop management reports in close cooperation with Buying & Sales
- Develop business cases relating to initiatives with Buying & Sales to support the improvement of business performance
Wat breng je mee en wat zetten wij hier tegenover
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and open-minded Business controller to join our Business Performance Controlling team. Within the Business Performance Controlling team you are the link between finance and the Buying & sales department. You will work closely with a senior business controller and a medior business controller and directly report to the head of the Business Performance Controlling team, with an indirectly line to Buying & Sales management. The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role within a (fashion) retail company
- Master/Bachelor degree in economics, finance or controlling
- Strong organisation skills, able to use initiative and to work in pressurised and constantly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues at all levels.
- Attention to detail
- Awareness of current trends and what is happening in online retail
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and BI skills
- Preferable knowledge on IFRS
Transparency is also very important in the application process. After your application you will immediately receive a link to a personal status page, in which you can find your status of your application and all communication.
What happens after your application?
The process for this vacancy is as follows:
1. Do your expectations and our wishes match? Then we invite you for a first video interview
2. When you and we are enthusiastic, we plan an extensive introduction with you.
3.After this you will hear from us as soon as possible wether or not we see you as our colleague. If so, we will make you an offer. If that is not the case, you will of course receive valuable feedback from us.