Wehkamp, Kleertjes and Union River form the Wehkamp Retail Group. Together we have almost 100 years of experience in online retail, in which developments are happening at lightning speed and we are reïnventing ourselves time and time again. With an ambitious and driven team of more than 1,100 people, we do everything for the ultimate customer experience. Our strategy is to become a multi-facia e-commerce group with multiple online shops run and supported by a common core structure. By scaling up we can join forces and build a solid business for the future. We do this from one structure, one culture and one purpose: Together we bring joy into every home.
As Wehkamp Retail Group we bring you products, services and activities that make you happy in different ways. For example, because it brightens up your home, because it looks fantastic on you, because it gives you small moments of happiness, because with this product you contribute to a good cause or a brighter future. We have more than 400,000 different products from more than 2,600 brands in the fields of fashion and living, among others. With more than 600,000 visitors to our websites and apps every day, we serve 2.6 million regular customers. And still counting!
We are looking for an ambitious Head of Business Performance Controlling (BPC) and committed teamplayer who can lead the controlling team and partner the business through a period of change focused on continual improvement. The head of BPC reports directly to the CFO.
As the head of BPC you are the person who drives and supports the decision making in the organization based on a deep understanding of performance drivers and through a continual process of identifying the trends, guide the business as to possible outcomes.
With your strong commercial insights, you are able to provide accurate and timely insights on the efficiency and scale (of results) and working capital, backward looking and especially forward looking. You are able to challenge the different stakeholders in the business, always with a supportive partnering approach.
With your excellent knowledge of retail and specifically e-commerce you will proactively engage with the CFO, the CEO and other members of the management team on business decisions as well as daily business. You also can help the stakeholders to understand the business drivers and possible alternatives for decisions to be made as well as benchmark against the market (performance). Consider building business cases for new markets and categories and integrating new companies, like we did with Kleertjes.com, on the wehkamp platform.
Teamwork is the dream work is part of your DNA. With this mindset you can lead the change throughout the organization by being the owner and ambassador of business performance management practices! You drive improvement in our ways of working in a more efficient and automated way.
In addition to looking for an analytical and strategic person with big picture insight, we also ask for a hands-on and entrepreneurial approach. You are involved in the daily tasks of the team. On a daily basis you will be working on decision support, P&L and working capital controlling and forecasting, reporting/dash boarding and continually drive improvements in business performance management practices. You will also act as a senior sparring partner for different stakeholders and functional areas.
This job is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and commercial focused business controller who wants to take the next step in her/his career or a proven performer in this area already looking for a new challenge.
- University degree in a relevant field; RC is an advantage and commercial driven
- Experience with M & A and post-merger integrations
- 10 plus years of relevant working experience in a retail/e-commerce organization and at least two in a team lead role
- Strong analytical, strategic and leadership skills; conceptual and strong commercial insights on a senior level and with a hands-on and entrepreneurial approach for a team of 16 direct/indirect reports (of business controllers, FP&A, Business Analysts and administration of our LSCZ Warehouse)
- Committed teamplayer
- Excellent change and stakeholder management with experience in leading change projects with excellent interpersonal/leadership skills
- Experienced user of BI tooling and other reporting and data analysis tools
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch, as well as in English
- Fulltime position in Zwolle and sometimes in Hilversum
What we offer
- Salary appropriate to your experience;
- Holiday allowance of 10.5%;
- 30 vacation days;
- Profit sharing;
- Travel allowance and a work from home allowance;
- Flexible working environment;
- Good pension scheme;
- Discount on additional health insurance;
- Staff discount in our webshop, on almost the entire assortment
The process for this vacancy is as following:
- Do your expectations and our wishes match? Then we will invite you to a (video) call with the recruiter.
- First interview with the hiring manager and a teammember, this will focus on the cultural and financial fit.
- If that is positive we’ll move on to a second interview. An assessment can be part of the procedure.
- If all went we will make you an offer. If that is not the case, you will of course receive good feedback from us.