Wehkamp believes in combining fashion and lifestyle in a smart way with online technology and a great shopping experience, in order to offer a relevant and inspiring platform to its customers and partners. We are ambitious! We must be, with 2.9 million regular customers and about 600.000 visitors a day. In our assortment you will find more than 300.000 different products and over 2.500 brands. 75% of our customers shop on a mobile device; mainly through the app.
About Wehkamp Tech
With over 100 tech colleagues from all over the world we work on offering a relevant assortment at the right time. We use many technologies to accomplish this, like microservices in containers and functions as a service. We also collect a lot of data that we use to train our machine learning algorithms. We encourage everyone to think ahead and find smart new ways to use online technology to offer our customers the best experience. Technological innovation is not only crucial for the best shopping experience but it also plays a key role in the logistic processes.
About our Tech stack
Gateway: NGINX with Lua & openresty
Micro-site: Node.js + React
Micro-service: .NET Core, Java
Data Sources: Kafka, Redis, Postgres, ElasticSearch, S3
We are looking for you to realize our potential, join the Wehkamp Tech Hub now!
- You will be part of a multidisciplinary product team, building software that powers our supply chain and payments;
- You will build innovative solutions that deliver direct customer value;
- The continuous technical improvement of our systems is core part of your responsibility;
- You’re a software engineer who codes primarily in Java but is not afraid to code/learn other languages, such as Scala;
- You understand the importance of developing robust, maintainable solutions, and you are not afraid to share your knowledge with peers;
- You, together with your peers, own your systems. This means you act accordingly to prevent issues (testability), can detect issues quickly (observability), act swiftly to mitigate and fix problems in production and learn from what happened (post mortems).
- Come up with maintainable and scalable solutions to customer or business problems
- Maintain and improve systems your teams owns
- Introduce observability in all systems, new and existing
- Contribute to improve the team’s way of working
- Help align the team with other teams and stakeholders
- Coach more junior developers
- Share knowledge within the team and with colleagues from other teams in cross-department tech sessions
- Share candidates feedback towards the team and tech department
What do you have?
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree thinking level
- 5+ years of relevant, professional software development experience
- Proficiency in Java, Amazon AWS, Git, CI/CD
- You have an EU citizenship
What we offer
You become part of the Wehkamp Tech Hub. Working at the Tech Hub means working in an innovative and inspiring high-tech working environment. In our new head office, the Wehkamp Tech Hub has its own environment with plenty of room for collaboration, learning from each other and presenting results.
Please check out: https://medium.com/wehkamp-techblog
- Possibility to work mostly remote
- 8,5% holiday money allowance
- 25 holiday days
- 2% year-end bonus
- Onsite gym
- Pension scheme
- Discounts on health insurance
- Room for growth
- And, of course, staff discount in our webshop