Wehkamp believes in combining fashion and lifestyle in a smart way with online technology and a great shopping experience, in order to offer a relevant and inspiring platform to its customers and partners. We are ambitious! We must be, with 2.9 million regular customers and about 600.000 visitors a day. In our assortment you will find more than 300.000 different products and over 2.500 brands. 75% of our customers shop on a mobile device; mainly through the app.
About Wehkamp Tech
With over 100 tech colleagues from all over the world we work on offering a relevant assortment at the right time. We use many technologies to accomplish this, like microservices in containers and functions as a service. We also collect a lot of data that we use to train our machine learning algorithms. We encourage everyone to think ahead and find smart new ways to use online technology to offer our customers the best experience. Technological innovation is not only crucial for the best shopping experience but it also plays a key role in the logistic processes.
About our Tech stack
Gateway: NGINX with Lua & openresty
Micro-site: Node.js + React
Micro-service: .NET Core, Java
Data Sources: Kafka, Redis, Postgres, ElasticSearch, S3
We are looking for you to realize our potential, join the Wehkamp Tech Hub now!
At Wehkamp Tech we work in autonomous teams that decide with their product owner what needs to be built. We are looking for .Net developers to join the order management team. This team manages the lifecycle of orders and returns. They do this by monitoring the orders and informing other systems.
- You will be part of a multidisciplinary product team, building software that powers our supply chain and payments;
- You will build innovative solutions that deliver direct customer value;
- You’re a software engineer who codes primarily in C# but is not afraid to code/learn other languages;
- You understand the importance of developing robust, maintainable solutions, and you are not afraid to share your knowledge with peers;
- You, together with your peers, own your systems. This means you act accordingly to prevent issues (testability), can detect issues quickly (observability), act swiftly to mitigate and fix problems in production and learn from what happened (post mortems).
You will report to the Tech Lead of the domain team you will join. The team will be defined closer to your starting date, based on what you and us consider the best fit at that point in time.
- Come up with maintainable and scalable solutions to customer or business problems
- Maintain and improve systems your teams owns
- Introduce observability in all systems, new and existing
- Contribute to improve the team’s way of working
- Help align the team with other teams and stakeholders
- Coach more junior developers
- Share knowledge within the team and with colleagues from other teams in cross-department tech sessions
What do you have?
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree thinking level
- Relevant professional software development experience
- Good knowledge of C#, .NET core and ASP.NET Web API
- Experience in at least some SQL and databases (MySQL, Oracle or other) and/or NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cosmos DB or other).
What we offer
You become part of the Wehkamp Tech Hub. Working at the Tech Hub means working in an innovative and inspiring high-tech working environment. In our new head office, the Wehkamp Tech Hub has its own environment with plenty of room for collaboration, learning from each other and presenting results.
Please check out: https://medium.com/wehkamp-techblog
- Possibility to work mostly remote
- 8,5% holiday money allowance
- 25 holiday days
- 2% year-end bonus
- Onsite gym
- Pension scheme
- Discounts on health insurance
- Room for growth
- And, of course, staff discount in our webshop
Transparency is very important in the application process. After you express your interest with your application, you will immediately receive a link to a personal status page, in which you can find the status of your application and all communication.
What happens after your application?
The process for this vacancy is as following:
- Do your expectations and our wishes match? Then we will invite you to a (video) call with the recruiter.
- First interview with the hiring manager and tech lead, this will focus on the cultural and technical fit.
- If that is positive we’ll move on to a case or technical assessment, based on this you’ll have the second interview.
We strive to give feedback as soon as possible and try to wrap the whole recruitment process within two weeks.