We want to become the #1 in the minds and hearts of families in the Netherlands. That is our vision. Our mission is to make the life of families in the Netherlands more beautiful and easy.
Enabling new customers promises the most effective and efficient way. That is the North star of Technology. We focus on how to activate and support the organization and teams in the most effective and efficient way. An e-commerce organization is an ecosystem: we make promises to our customers and we have to keep those promises. We do this together.
Join the Wehkamp Tech team now!
We are looking for a Tech Lead - Product Information.
The Product Information team is responsible for all the systems and processes to deliver all product information on the website. The team, which currently consists of 4 developers that you will be leading, has the scope to collect and process all product information from suppliers, brokers, and others, including product photography. Our goal is to support our content specialists as much as possible to make their work easier and faster.
How can you make the difference?
- You are able to use your technical knowledge in a varied way to achieve qualitative results fast.
- As a Tech Lead you support the teams in their continuous improvement. You encourage the team to find creative alternatives to issues. You support the team in defining the question, clarifying the objectives, thinking along in possible solutions and experimenting with the various solutions. You facilitate deep dives and root cause analysis, in order to learn together.
- You feel comfortable helping and supporting your colleagues in the teams to achieve personal and / or developmental goals.
- You are the support for your teams and you facilitate during and after (larger) incidents. During incidents you dare to make decisions and you facilitate teams where needed to shorten the solution time where possible. After the incidents, you take the lead to secure all learnings in your teams. We expect you to participate in an escalation standby for SRE / chain management.
- You are the counterpart from Technology to the product owner (and business owner) and based on your knowledge you give them insight into Technology principles and choices.
- You ensure the correct composition of your teams (capabilities and capacity), guarantee the quality of your team and you are responsible for both recruiting new employees and for the performance management of the employees in the team you have.
- Together with your fellow Tech Leads you contribute to the long-term vision and goals of Technology.
- You support the acquisition, development and nurturing of talent. On an individual level you coach employees in achieving their own North Star. Within the team and Technology-wide you stimulate the sharing of knowledge and skills.
- You support the Product Owner by drawing up technical requirements for the work to be carried out by the team.
- You are responsible for organizing technical refinements with the team.
- You report to one of the Heads of Technology and manage a tech team.
- Bachelor degree work and thinking level;
- A completed education in ICT or comparable relevant work experience;
- You propagate our principles in everything you do;
- You are a real team player;
- You have experience in leading teams and coaching employees or would like to learn how to do so;
- Your analytical skills are very well developed and you know how to distinguish main from side issues;
- You have a good understanding of working in Scrum and Agile principles. Preferably you have a PSM I certification;
- You know your way around microservices, the cloud and you know one (or more) programming languages (to name a few, Kafka, DataBricks, Python, Node.js, Java, .NET) in such a way that you can help the teams on their way.
- You have experience in a 24/7 operation, preferable in an e-commerce environment.
What we offer?
- Possibility to work mostly remote
- 8,5% holiday money allowance
- 25 holiday days
- 2% year-end bonus
- Onsite gym
- Pension scheme
- Discounts on health insurance
- Room for growth
- And, of course, staff discount in our webshop
You become part of the Wehkamp Tech Hub. Working at the Tech Hub means working in an innovative and inspiring high-tech working environment. In our new head office, the Wehkamp Tech Hub has its own environment with plenty of room for collaboration, learning from each other and presenting results.
Please check out: https://medium.com/wehkamp-techblog
Transparency is very important in the application process. After you express your interest with your application, you will immediately receive a link to a personal status page, in which you can find the status of your application and all communication.
What happens after your application?
The process for this vacancy is as following:
- Do your expectations and our wishes match? Then we will invite you to a (video) call with the recruiter.
- First interview with the hiring manager and tech lead, this will focus on the cultural and technical fit.
- If that is positive we’ll move on to a case or technical assessment, based on this you’ll have the second interview.
We thrive to give feedback as soon as possible and try to wrap the whole recruitment process within two weeks.